Friday, September 30, 2011

Master Chef

Friday, September 23rd, 2011

Today was a pretty good day, considering it was a Friday and I was looking forward to the weekend. Plus, the last three hours of the day being art isn't half bad either!!! The weather outside ever since Friday has been like it is summer all over again. So, when the art teacher noted how nice it was outside, she said if we wanted we could bring a desk outside and work. So of course, all of my friends and I brought desks outside and worked on the visages we had started before. It was a lot of fun, being in the sun, doing something you love (well, for me it's just better than any other class considering my skills are minimal and I have like no supplies whatsoever... But for the others, I am pretty sure it's love!), and chatting with friends a bit at the same time. Well, generally it goes that we work for like half the time and then we get bored and just start to talk... And today, the other teacher didn't even come in and make us work on the not-so-great boats that I just can't seem to draw! YAY!

After school, I had planned to make dinner for Pascale (I mentioned it forever ago not knowing that Eddy would be gone making it not as special, but it was still good!). So, we went to the store almost right after school looking for the ingredients to make chicken enchiladas, since they don't have Mexican food here. Crazy, right? It is like the most delicious food on the earth, and they don't even know about it at all! It's quite a shame... Anyhow, we ended up going to 2 different stores looking for canned green chili peppers and monterey jack cheese. We didn't end up finding either of these things, so I just bought mozzarella cheese instead and made the executive decision that the peppers weren't a mandatory ingredient for the enchiladas considering that I never had it with them when I was little... So anyhow, after the shop I was just grateful to at least have tortillas and I made the enchiladas without a hitch. Everything when smoothly, considering I had never actually made them before. Granted, it is a fairly easy meal to make but I was still very proud of it! And Pascale just loved the whole thing... She watched excitedly as I cooked, was shocked when I put the corn in the microwave to eat warm, and absolutely loved the meal once it was finished. I definitely see myself making some more, or even the same meal, a lot more in the future. And if Pascale enjoyed the Mexican food so much, I can't wait to make some good old American desserts for her. Or even better, I can't wait until Thanksgiving when I make the meal to end all meals. Now THAT, that will be a goooood day! Other than it being a really nice day and havign Mexican food, there is not much to report. I guess that school is getting more boring and normal after all! But... I don't know if that is such a good thing after all!
My Sad Little Mexican Dinner

And better late than never... A Pic of the Off-Roading Car!

No comments:

Post a Comment