Wednesday, August 31, 2011

A Travelling We Will Go... AGAIN!

Wednesday, August 24th, 2011

Yep, vacation is done. :( All that was left was to travel the whole 10 hours in the car. I have, and always will, hate long car rides. Even when I have my little sister to entertain me, I always just want to get to the final destination. I am seriously going to be so happy when they invent some way that humans can travel anywhere in the world in 5 minutes, flat. Hey, naybe I will do it and become a trillionaire, then I can buy a house on the Mediterranean Sea! For the trip back, it was more or less the exact same as last time, except that I had Becky to talk to a bit and headphones to listen to my Ipod (Becky had an extra pair that she gave to me!)

A nice thing though was that we left a bit early, and were able to take a bit of a detour through the wine country part of France. It was absolutely beautiful, and there were billions of grapevines. Everywhere you looked, there were grapes.  I have never seen so many bushes/vines/trees with fruit on them in my life. It was insane. Becky and I really wanted to try one of the grapes, but we never stopped. But apparently, those grapes make some high quality wine! Eddy told us that it is impossible to find a bottle of wine from that region for less than 30 euro. And for a bottle about 10 years old, I think he said it was more than 10,000. I could never imagine paying that much for a bottle of wine, but then again I wouldn't really know if the older high end wine is worth it, nor would I imagine would I even like it! Because I have tried sips of some wine before, and it tasted nasty (at least to me...)

Imagine this... But practically everywhere you look!

Aside from that, we had a pretty uneventful ride back home, other than stopping in Luxembourg again and Becky and I going into the shop to buy some Kinders! Yay, my first Kinder of the year and it was delicious! Seriously, all of you Americans are missing out on the most delicious candy bar in the world. Once we got back home, Eddy's mother, who was staying with Cecile, had made us a nice beef and veggie stew for dinner. After that, it was immediately off to bed for me because of upcoming early morning wake up for the Rotary activity in Brussels.

No comments:

Post a Comment