Friday, August 26, 2011

La Vie Est Belle

Monday, August 15th, 2011

3rd of 12 vacation days done… 9 days to go. Today, there were no unexpected plans like yesterday so we got to go on the boat! After a late night dinner with our sailboat neighbor Allen, everyone was really tired and we ALL slept in until like 10:30. But then again, I guess that is the nice thing about vacations. You get to sleep tons, eat (hopefully) good food, and do whatever you want whenever you want.  Still hard to not be on vacation with my silly, loving, familiar family. But, I am trying to make the best of it. It is definitely fun, I mean I AM on the Mediterranean Sea IN Europe for goodness sakes!
After we finally all got up, we stopped at a boulangerie (BAKERY… YUM) and picked up croissants for breakfast and some bread to make sandwiches. Luckily, there was also some pizza there that Pascale bought for me because even though I hadn’t really told them, I am kinda getting sick of the plain European sandwiches. Then, we went and got their speed boat, loaded it into the water, and took off along the Blue Coast. Since we did drive along the whole coast yesterday, the sights weren’t quite as amazing and new but it was nice to look at the coast from the water. We first went onto the Mediterranean Sea, where we anchored and spent most of our day sitting in the sun and relaxing. I was actually a bit disappointed though because today was a bit overcast and very windy. So of course, stupid little me didn’t even bother to put sunscreen on and when we were driving back (which took WAY longer than getting there because the wind was against us) BAM the sun came out full force. Needless to say, I am a bit burnt and will be sporting a shorts tan for the rest of the vacation. Luckily, it is cold back in Verviers so no one will see my horrible shorts tan, just me soon to be tan arms! But really, I can just hear my parents lecturing me about how it was very silly to forget suntan lotion and that someday I am bound to get skin cancer. Although I really hope that that is not the case, do not be alarmed because I am DEFINITELY going to be remembering the suntan lotion after today. 
In the Lower Part of the Boat
I have decided that when I am older and fantastically rich off my teachers salary ;),  I am someday going to be a house along the Mediterranean Sea. Maybe not necessarily in France, but somewhere in Europe along the coast, because it is absolutely beautiful. The water is some of the bluest that I have ever seen, and I after witnessing the locals having fun I have decided that it is the ultimate place to go tubing and jet skiing.  And of course, once I buy this house you are all invited to visit whenever you want, because I will definitely not be using it all of the time (I really am an American/Canadian at heart and will definitely end up settling down there).
Now, we are back home and soon I think we will eat dinner. Can’t wait to see what weird but usually delicious combination of food they put in front of me tonight! 
Goliath!

From the drive mentioned in the last post... Whoops!

I love the Mediterranean Sea!

No comments:

Post a Comment