Saturday, October 1, 2011

Yay for Random Belgian Holidays!!!

Tuesday, September 27th, 2011

So today, I did not have to go to school because it was a holiday celebrating the French region of Belgium. Don't really know much about it, but I do know that I was happy because I had no school. On Monday, I made plans to meet up with some of my friends in Liege (it is like the middle city for all of us...), and just hang out there because it had been quite some time since I had seen everyone. While I am on the train to Liege, I get a call from this weird number but I answered knowing it was probably one of my friends, because they all have a very hard time NOT running out of credit on their phones (Now me, I haven't ever been that big of a fan of texting, so I am very good at saving credit for when I need it...). It ended up being Lauren, who was at the train station ready to get on when some apparently official looking lady told her that it was the wrong train. And she listened. Ends up that it was the right train, the lady had no idea what she was talking about, and she was going to be an hour late therefore messing up the plans considering she was the one who knew where everybody was going to be and when to meet up with them...

Luclily, I found one of my friends just wandering around, and then we went ot H&M where we told Lauren we would wait for her. We waited outside for like forever, but then got tired of that and decided that she could just find us in the shop. I wasn't planning on buying anything, but then when we found Lauren like 15 minutes later, and she had found this semi-hidden sale rack. And in Belgium, there are NEVER sells. Everyone knows that in Belgium, the only time that clothing is NOT full and expensively priced is in the month of January, when appparently everyone is getting their new stock in. So yes, I found on and chose to buy just a little bit, because it was all a really good deal! And I basically saw it as a birthday present, because my birthday was in about 15 days, and who knows if I was going to find another sale until January. And, the things I bought where things that I had even tried on before but put back because I didn't want to spend the money, so it was like a dream come true! Really a can't miss opportunity!

The rest of the time we just walked around the city and talked, as well as eat lunch at the same delicious friterie that we always go to. Oh, and of course we had to get a delicioius Liege waffle. It's like a tradition whenever we go, because there is absolutely the best little waffle shop ever there. Around 5, Lauren and I left to walk to the train station. I was happy to know how to walk from the cathedral/shopping area to the main station because before I had to take the train just to get there and although it was such a short little trip they didn't charge you, I actually enjoy walking, when the weather is nice, at least. It was a really fun day off, just hanging with my friends, and then I got to come home and have a nice dinner with Pascale. Sometimes I just wish that I didn't have to go to school, but then this whole trip would just be one really long vacation and I would never be able to learn the language or experience the culture or anything! So really, I've got everything the best way it could be!
Me, Lauren, Jimena

Pretty Cathedral in Liege

Best Waffle Place in the World! (Please excuse the random shoulder...)

No comments:

Post a Comment