Tuesday, October 25, 2011

17!

Tuesday, October 11th, 2011

So, not much significance to this post other than it was my birthday! And I turned 17! But, since I had my birtthday party on Sunday and had already receieved a gift from my host parents, I knew nothing that special was going to happen. I did, however, get to start my day of wonderfully by Skyping with my parents for like 15 minutes. It worked out just right that if I got up at 7, it was 10 their time. Not too early for me, but not too late for them either. Of course, since I had just woken up, I was completely dead. But they still sang Happy Birthday to me and talked for a bit, wishing me a good birthday at school and telling me that my package should arrive anytime now. But then again, they relied on Erin to send it to me from Strasbourg, France, (where she is currently living and teaching, for those of you who aren't too familiar with my fam), and well, you just never know with Erin!

The school day, at least, was ok because it was a Tuesday and Tuesdays back then were probably my easiest day of the week. Actually, it still kinda is the easiest. But anyhow, so at least it wasn't on a Thursday or something where I had all long, hard, boring classes and 2 of them back to back. I swear a little part of me dies everytime I have to suffer through a Thursday at school. I hadn't really told anyone it was my birthday except for Tedde, so I had no expectations. But then, during art, I was sitting at this table working on my boat project while the majority of my friends were just a little ways away, not doing anything like normally and messing around with their phones. Someone must have been on Facebook, because all of a sudden I heard them talking about me and saying my name and then they all turned around and said Happy Birthday. So, I mean, at least someone knew it was my birthday. Not that it changed all that much... But a few happy birthdays here and there are really nice.

When I got home, still no package... :(  But I did get to go onto Facebook and read all of my friends from back home's posts on my wall. It made my day being able to read everything. The best part though was defnitely when I saw my mom's post on my wall. I knew for a fact that she had never posted, written on someone's wall, shared a link, or done anything but accept a couple of friend requests and look at people's status updates from time to time. Like, she didn't even know how to update her status or anything like that. But, on my birthday, she came and posted Happy Birthday on my wall. And I will let you know mum, that and daddy's email made it actually feel like my birthday. So thanks!

Now that i have experienced a birthday away from home though, I can safely tell you that I do not want to spend another one away from home, from my family, and the majority of my friends for quite some time. Well, I guess just until I go off to college but still... It's just too sad not having the people that you REALLY REALLY want to be with you, with you on your birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment